Friday, July 12, 2019

Avoiding tourists

I'm a tourist myself but I'd do anything to avoid China tourists. That's because they usually visit a place in a battalion.  They usually come pouring out of large tourist buses. I was fairly certain my hideaway would not see any of these buses but I was wrong. This is what I see as I go for a walk in the morning.

There are at least 50 of them.


All business establishments love them. If you can sell just one keychain to one of them, you can be sure 49 others will buy the same thing from you. Just the other day, my wife was in an LV boutique and at least 30 China tourists descended on the shop and each one of them snapped up at least 10 LV bags. They didn't even bother to choose their bags. And they were all chattering in Chinese, 'Very cheap!' My wife and the other customers were furious. They were left with nothing to buy. The China tourists came down like locusts and they left with their spoils. But the LV sales attendants were all beaming away. They could close the shop for that day.

The China tourists are all heading for the church and I very brilliantly walk back to my hotel which is just next to the church. I will rest for an hour in my room and that should be enough time for them to visit the church and go return to their bus.


It's a pretty little town and generally not so crowded with tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment