Friday, December 06, 2019

Travel Light

In May 2015, I went on a Save-the-tiger expedition in a thick and dense rainforest, my boots gave way. The sole of one boot came off completely. We had to tie the sole to the rest of my boot with a string and fortunately, it was towards the end of the expedition when that happened. The forest guides who were all seasoned tropical jungle hikers were amused that my boots were by Timberland. They told me that Timberland boots were for city slickers who liked the outdoor image.

Timberland boots after a couple of days 
of hiking in a tropical rainforest


When I got home, I did some research and bought myself a pair of very good hiking boots. Three websites ranked the brand as among the top 5 for that year. They were excellent and I used them for a good four years. But all good things must come to an end and the soles have worn out and a bit of the back of the boots has chipped off.

I just bought myself a new pair of boots which are very light. I'm off tomorrow morning for a holiday. I'll see if the boots are ok. I just love the streaks of orange. If these boots are ok on this trip, I'll stick to them for other hiking trips.




No comments:

Post a Comment