Thursday, December 30, 2021

Naturism and Body Acceptance

We often hear that naturists are probably the most accepting when it comes to body imperfections and there's a lot of truth in that. Non-naturists are always criticising nude people for not having "attractive" bodies. Many of my non-naturist friends are always joking about how they were repulsed at the sight of old and overweight nude bodies in nudist places. As naturists, we know they have missed the whole point of naturism. Nudity isn't something for them to admire. 

But not all naturists are perfectly at home with their bodies. Many are easily hurt by remarks made by rude people about their bodies. A few months ago, a naturist asked me how I reacted to adverse comments especially since, I have posted many pics online publicly. I told him I was fortunate. I haven't yet encountered rude body-shaming commentators in all my blogs and postings.

That was a few months ago. I have just received adverse comments on the internet to two posts I made on Twitter on 27th and 28th December. Maybe I am naturally insensitive but I am actually amused by the remarks. On 27th December, I posted this on Twitter:



The next day, I posted this:



The next day, someone sent me a Twitter message. Here is the exchange:





The person who made the comment is a total stranger. Perhaps he makes it his crusade to tell all naturists that we look better with clothes on and so let's put an end to all this nudity. Whatever his intention, the fact is, unless we are gym addicts, it's impossible for our bodies to escape censure of some kind or other. It's silly not to accept our bodies for what they are. True, clothes can hide the imperfections; my t-shirt certainly does a good job in concealing the ribcage which he finds so objectionable but the ribcage is there to protect the vital organs in the body and it can hardly be considered an imperfection. 

Like a typical non-naturist, sex is always on his mind. "Nobody wants to have sex with a corpse", he says but neither am I looking for sex with anybody.

Like I've said, maybe I am insensitive but I find the whole thing quite amusing. A friend said that I shouldn't hold the phone when I take a selfie because the raised arm will make the ribs stick out. It has never before occurred to me that the ribs can be the source of disgust to anyone and I certainly don't intend to do anything just to please that critic. It's all good for a blog post and I hope it will encourage other naturists to be accepting of their bodies. 
 

2 comments:

  1. bonjour Lim et bonne année. hélas il y a toujours des imbéciles et ce dans tous les domaines. on fait avec. cela rappel les années 40.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules, Thanks! What you say is so true. Happy New Year to you.

      Delete