Friday, July 15, 2022

The world has gone back to normal

There has been almost two years of hiatus to all forms of travelling but I'm glad to say it's now back to normal. I'm now in Germany. I usually leave the booking of my hotels to my kids who are pretty good at such travel arrangements many of us would consider drudgery. They've got me a room in a castle, in an ancient monastery, and once, in a haunted house in France.

My accommodation this time is a bit too churchy for my liking. There was a time when I served at the altar as an acolyte but in my old age, I could do with less of the appurtenances of religion. As you can see in this photo, this "hotel" is a part of a church and my room is just next to the Bishop's office! This time, my kids have overdone it. I can't even take a photo in my room without showing how connected it is to the rest of the church!

Here's a pic I took this morning. It feels odd that I'm not in my Sunday best.



8 comments:

  1. bonjour LIM Si tu prévois de venir en France, je peux t'accueillir à heliomonde centre naturiste à 45km de paris. jacques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sounds good. One of these days I should do that.

      Delete
  2. bonjour Lim. comment vas tu? il y a longtemps , j'avais perdu ton blog. si tu veux venir en France, je peux t'accueillir à Heliomonde grand centre naturiste à 45 km de PARIS. jacques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. I should do that one day. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. bonjour lim. comment vas tu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fine, thanks. How are you? I'm sorry I was travelling and could not respond to my blog comments.

      Delete
  4. bonjour Lim tu as l'air d être en pleine forme. as tu des voyages en vu
    jacques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacques, I just came home from a trip to Germany and around. Will blog about it soon.

      Delete