Tuesday, November 01, 2022

My 5th Covid jab

Last year, I had two jabs of Pfizer followed by a Moderna booster. In May this year, I had my second Moderna booster but that was not so effective against the Omicron variant. So, two days ago (Saturday), I had my third booster - the bivalent Moderna jab. I was feverish the whole of Sunday. That was no big deal. I've always reacted that way after the Covid vaccine. I was hoping I wouldn't be affected by the vaccine because I didn't want to miss Church on Sunday. I have music duties in Church. But the fever wouldn't subside and it was only Sunday night when my temperature went back to normal. 

I expected to be well today (Monday) but I felt very tired in the morning and I tried to do some reading on the couch but I fell asleep for the greater part of the day. When I got up at 3pm, I decided a bit of sun would do me good. I had not eaten anything the whole day (I usually can't eat a thing when I am unwell) and so I got myself a nice glass of milk and read in the sun. Naturally, I took a selfie.


I immediately felt better. There is something restorative about the rays of the sun. I really felt as if I hadn't been sick at all. It's now almost midnight and I am still in the best of health.

Since I am among the most up-to-date in my vaccinations, I should say something about the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. I can't speak for the other vaccines. True, there will be some mild side effects after vaccination. I always have a fever a day after the vaccination and by night fall, the side effects are totally gone except for a sore arm (on the injection site) which may last one more day. This is the first time I felt tired on the second day after vaccination but there was no fever. My temperature was perfectly normal the whole of today.

These side effects are a very small price to pay for Covid protection. Early this year, my son caught Covid when he and I were travelling. We sat next to each other on the plane, we stayed in the same hotel room and we went to restaurants to eat together. Even when he was tested positive, the hotel could not get me another room and I stayed in the same room for a couple of days. I thought I would catch Covid but I did not. My son who was also fully vaccinated and boosted suffered only mild symptoms - fever, cough and cold. He didn't require any medical attention. I just got him tablets for his fever. About a couple of months after that, my wife tested positive for Covid. She had been sick but we continued to share the same space - we ate together, slept on the same bed, etc. It was after several days of sickness that she tested positive. She then told me to go to another room, which I did but surely I would have been infected by then? No, I tested negative every day for the next week or so. 

Of course my wife's symptoms were extremely mild. She too has been fully vaccinated and boosted. She caught Covid just as she was about to go for her second booster. She was busy at work and she made the mistake of postponing her second booster. She might not have caught Covid if she had followed the vaccination guidelines carefully. But it doesn't really matter. Her symptoms were very mild anyway since like my entire family, she's fully vaccinated and boosted. 

I know there are many vaccine sceptics in some countries but vaccine sceptics have been around since the world first rolled out the smallpox vaccine a long time ago. I just hope there won't be more variants in the Covid virus and the world can return to the previous normal. A lot of harm has been caused to humanity by the Covid virus and what I cannot understand is why the world does not force that rogue state to allow a full investigation into the cause of the pandemic. Surely that is the most basic thing that should be done?

No comments:

Post a Comment