Thursday, June 20, 2019

Volcanic activity.

There is a great deal of volcanic activity in Taiwan and one result of it is the many hot springs the country has. I'm now in a hot spring bath in Beitou, Taiwan. There is a persistent smell of sulphur or some chemical in the water.

I've been to many public baths in Beitou and elsewhere but none of them allows photography. For the purpose of this blog, I have to settle for a photo taken in the private hot spring bath in my hotel room. It's the same water from the same volcanic source without the usual bathroom chatter. and without the filth from other men too!


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful trip. Too bad you couldn’t take photographs in the public hot springs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. Photography is banned in all places where people are naked. They aren't naturists. They just go naked for the healthy properties of the spring water and not because they think nudity is natural. No, most Asians don't think nudity is natural at all.

      Delete
  2. hi ! maybe you should post your pix and stories on twitter too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I may just do that if I am too tired to post them on this blog. But google does make it very easy to post pics here.

      Delete
  3. I was so disappointed from Taiwan

    ReplyDelete