Sunday, December 13, 2020

My kind of food

If you haven't seen this, you probably haven't been to the Far East or if you have been here, you probably haven't really lived here because it's found everywhere.


I eat a lot of it which is why if I have posted a pic of this before, it's understandable. It's extremely delicious.

This is bak kwa or 肉干. It's very commonly eaten in places where there's a majority of Fujian Chinese people such as Taiwan and Singapore. If someone tells you it's a jerky, banish it from your thoughts! It's nothing like the beef jerky which tastes like leather. The bak kwa is tender, succulent and incredibly delicious. It's made of pork and I've eaten both the Taiwanese and Singapore versions and if I have to be perfectly honest about it, the Singapore variety is about a billion times more delicious. Don't take my word for it. Try it yourself.

The Taiwanese bak kwa is absolutely dry but the Singapore version (which is the one I'm holding) is best eaten without clothes as you will often find lard still dripping from it. The one in this picture has chilli as well which adds to the amazing flavour of this delicacy. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. merci, je peux en trouver en France?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's highly improbable.

      [Google Translate - and I can't vouch for its accuracy] - Je pense que c'est hautement improbable

      Delete