Is a man's home his castle? Not according to the law of the land. If someone from outside your property is able to see you naked in your house, you have committed an offence. Years ago, a couple from Hong Kong were charged under our obscenity law for walking naked from their kitchen into their bathroom at about 5 in the morning and a nosey neighbour who saw them from a distance called the police.
I was a lot more fortunate. It turned out that the car had gone up the road to my house by mistake. I could hear the driver reversing the car and seconds later, the car was gone.
My security camera took a series of pics that captured the entire episode (see below). I love the fact that these are candid shots and there was no posing at all.
So, how much is a man's home his castle when he can't even walk in his front lawn in his own skin without watching for possible visitors looking in from outside his gate?
Oh, this is my photo diary and so here are the pics from my security camera:
Minding my own business and applying BTI pellets in the drain of my own front lawn:
Squatting down to conceal myself:
Walking away but looking out for more possible unexpected visitors:
It really is pathetic that being natural is a crime and being a busybody is a virtue. I can't even imagine how "seeing" another human being nude [in and around his own home no less!] can make the "seen" person a criminal. Apparently this is true in America as well. Boggles the mind! In America it is a felony to LOOK at certain people, even if they are fully clothed. Americans have gone completely insane! I suspect it's because their government has gone mad as well.
ReplyDeleteAnother insane notion: If a person LOOKS at a PHOTOGRAPH [pardon the caps but I want to emphasize the words] OF a nude "minor" [bear in mind a photograph OF a person is NOT a person! A picture OF a tree is not a tree!] the person doing the LOOKING is guilty of felony "rape" of the ACTUAL person! I kid you not! That is just how insane Americans and their government have become! I'm living in an insane asylum!!!! Of course the "people" have succumbed to the insanity of the government and its fabricated and absurd laws. Read that line again. "Guilty of raping the ACTUAL person!" For LOOKING at an inanimate object, for LOOKING at an "illusion"!!! Photographs are magik, illusions. I won't get into that here. I'm an Artist, I know about such things. Anyway...
I don't know how all this insanity is going to play out, but I can only hope people come to their senses before the nightmare destroys us all...
-De
Thanks for the comment. Yes, it's crazy that one can't even walk in the skin he was born with in his own garden without getting into trouble with the law.
DeletePartially agree with reply. Your house and property is your castle. You have fundamental right to privacy within it. Your way of naturism is pure and didn’t impinge on others to enjoy. You’re not an exhibiitionist inviting voyeurs. You’re simply enjoying your birthday suit and sharing pics of your experiences. The shots captured from your security camera are sad, you look disturbed and afraid. Hopefully the incident will not alter your behavior or thinking about naturism.
DeleteCheers!
Yes, I had to be careful. No, that won't alter anything. It can't alter anything because my naturism is nothing more or less than my view of the human body. I view nudity as totally natural and decent and I'm REALLY not ashamed of my nudity. I stress 'REALLY' because I'm tired of the many so-called nudists who say they are not ashamed but who always hide their faces in their blogs. In fact, if you visit most naturist blogs, you can never tell what the blogger looks like. He posts the photos of everyone on Earth except himself. And when his photos are posted, his back is turned so that his face can't be seen. I'm really quite sick of such hypocrites. I'll never be a hypocrite and so I will continue to post my pics whether I'm clothed or naked. I think I'll post more pics of me at that part of my house. Haha.
DeleteThis is a serious distortion of the truth, and naturists need to be vigilant in getting the facts right. If we don't, gullible people may start thinking we're criminals when we're no such thing. And naturists might even start acting as though we don't have rights, which wouldn't be much different from not having those rights in reality.
DeleteThe real situation is that making, sharing and seeing photographs of naked people of any age is not a crime. This is protected by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and similar laws in the U.K. and Canada. (I can't speak for Lim's country.) What makes a person a criminal is dealing in child pornography, but courts have created precedents that recognize the difference, and protect non-sexual nudity. We can and should be cherishing our rights in this area, not denying their existence!
In my country, it's a crime even to chew gum at home. It's very hard to explain to people in the West how draconian the laws are. But strangely, there are many Americans who tell me that the laws of America are far more anti-nudity than those in my country. Of course I don't believe them. And from what you have written, John P, it's obvious they are talking rubbish. Countries that have nude beaches or that hold the World Naked Bike Ride event cannot be the same as my country.
DeleteLim, I'm afraid you too have exaggerated the restrictions you face. There's a Wikipedia entry for "Chewing gum ban in Lim's country" and it says "It is currently not illegal to chew gum where Lim lives, merely to import it and sell it". Or can it be (the horror!) that Wikipedia has it wrong?
DeleteHi John,
DeleteYou are absolutely correct. Technically, it is not an offence to chew gum in my country. You will only be in trouble if you import or sell it. It also applies to anyone who brings gum into the country. Because law enforcement is super efficient in my country, nobody ever chews gum in public places because if you are caught, the question arises as to how you acquire the gum in the first place. There's one more thing which you may not know - there is no right to silence in my country. If you are silent when questioned by the police, the court is allowed to draw an inference that is prejudicial to your interest at the trial.
But having said that, I must admit that I have bought chewing gum from abroad and I posted it on Facebook. But just in case the police decided to give me some trouble, I stated on Facebook that I received the chewing gum by post and it was sent to me by an unknown person. Now, if that really happens, you are completely safe.