Sunday, March 24, 2019

Naturism is for every human being.

One of the irritating things I hear all the time from my friends is the dumb suggestion that naturism is not a part of the Asian culture. What utter garbage! Naturism is for all humans with human skin.

Confucius was of the opinion that everyone should be dressed according to his profession or station in life. That's elitism. That was meant to divide people according to their birth and social class. Surely that should be discouraged in today's society which rightly embraces egalitarianism? Clothes were meant to divide society into those who were wealthy and learned from those who were impoverished and did not have the opportunity of receiving a good education. So, when Confucius wrote about the importance of being clothed, he had in mind the segregation of people into their respective classes which was the norm in his time but is certainly anathema today. 

We who oppose any oppression of the poor should go against the teachings of Confucius on this matter. Here is where naturism comes in. You can't tell the rich from the poor when you're naked.

One more thing is naturism is perfectly suited to those who live in the tropics. I just took a photo of the famous beach that appears in all the guide books on Hydra Island. But there was not a soul in sight. It's too cold now. You can't even take off your jacket. If I were back home, I wouldn't be all wrapped up like this. Naturism is a most natural  part of Asian culture, particularly in the tropical region where I now live. Even the climate encourages it.






No comments:

Post a Comment