Good morning! I'm glad to say that the racist rally yesterday did not worsen into a riot. The rally was to thank the government for endorsing racism in Malaysia and for rebuffing the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (ICERD). Much as I hate this country for its rank racism, I must say the people are generally very nice and the food is great. It's time for breakfast. But first I have to work hard on the settings of this blog. I need to change the comments settings. I had allowed for comments to be posted freely but sadly my blog was flooded last night with lewd comments which have no place in this blog. That a family man and a father of two can be the target of such licentious comments boggles the mind. We naturists clearly have enemies among non-naturists who obviously hate the sight of decent nudity.
Please do not feel disheartened when you see that your comment is under moderation. I will post them as soon as I can. You can disagree with me or post criticisms of any sort and I will allow them. I just won't allow lewd comments. I have also removed blogger's requirement for word verification when comments are made which can be irritating for you when you make a comment. The purpose is to ensure that you're human! I don't think I need any assurance that you're human. Frankly, I would more than welcome comments from non-humans and Martians.
Me working hard on my blog
Shame your blog got targeted by jerks. Enjoy your posts and hope they’ll continue during the tumblr shakeout. Your perspective is an important one in light of the worldwide attacks on personal liberty and self-expression.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kind words and support. There will always be people who will make obnoxious comments on any blog if the comments are not under moderation. Cheers
ReplyDeleteDear Lim, you can moderate me all you want, even censor me, or my comments, if that is what you want. I am well aware that I am a "guest" here, and I can appreciate that, so moderate at your pleasure. I don't have the authority to apologize for others and what they might do, or say, but I do take full responsibility for what I say [here or anywhere else]. Sometimes I have to repeat the axiom: I am not responsible for what you "think" I said. LOL
ReplyDeleteAnyway...
Cheers back at ya!
Hi, I have never moderated your comments. I only moderated or deleted comments which are rude and lewd. You can't even imagine what the comments were that prompted me to moderate this blog. Your comments are always interesting.
DeleteSadly I can imagine. The comments/responses I get on my social media pages, websites, various posts here and there, etc., are sometimes almost more than I can bear. I've been slandered, libeled, defamed, threatened, harassed, intimidated, mercilessly attacked, called things so insulting and disgusting that I sometimes wonder if it would be best if I simply didn't engage with people at all. I could probably be more productive if I didn't. But then, I would miss out on those that are a joy to communicate with. I live a rather reclusive life offline, by choice mostly, so the rare friendlies, online, are greatly appreciated.
DeleteI admit that I do take some care not to say anything here that might offend you. I am not always so "nice" with people that I encounter online. That's probably because they are not so nice themselves. I truly don't understand why.
I do hope that the current tendencies towards hateful mean-spirited attitudes and comments changes soon. It's very depressing. I confess that I sometimes get caught up in all that, but feel badly when I allow myself to get drawn into it. I would rather be an optimistic cynic than a pessimistic fool. Oh well...
Oh no. You have never been in any way hateful or mean-spirited. You may have controversial ideas but so do I. I'm not talking about people who have hugely different ideas from me. I welcome those. I am happy if people disagree with me. Why should they agree with me? I'm not the dictator of the universe. But when they use lewd remarks and make obscene suggestions that I have to delete their comments. I am quite reasonable. If it's not totally obscene, I can explain that they have got the message wrong. I'm not a gay prostitute. I have nothing against gay prostitutes but I happen not to be one. I am a family man and quite a responsible father and my intended goal in this blog is to chronicle my life as a naturist as my own diary (I have been an avid diary almost all my life). Not to solicit sex which is what some of the commentators assume.
Delete