The world is getting crazier and crazier. Tumblr has just released its latest news - from 17 December onwards, nudity is banned on Tumblr. But nudity is decent, so why ban it?
At the same time, I'm under a great deal of stress downloading my photos from Flickr which will delete all my photos on 5 February 2019. Although we were promised 1 Tetrabyte of photo storage for our free Yahoo account, things have changed since Yahoo sold Flickr to SmugMug. The new rules are get a paid subscription or all your photos will be deleted. I'm not one who will bow down to a threat. So, I have been downloading all my photos - more than 175,000 of them.
I'm a diary keeper and have been one since the age of 7. Since the advent of digital photography, I have also become an avid photo diary keeper. It's natural for me to keep a photo blog of some sort.
It appears that Google is the most trustworthy website. I've trusted Google all my life. My entire life is placed in Google. Every photo that I own is on Google and every personal detail too. Even the things I know, the jottings from the books I've read and all other details are stored in Google.
Google's blogger allows for nudity provided the blog is marked to contain "adult content" at the settings. I have done so for this blog even though I don't think nudity is adult content. It's decent human content.
I am also on WordPress but the bad thing about this blog is there is very little space for photos. Google's Blogger is much better. Since all my photos are on Google anyway, I can easily pick them for my blog. Blogger is seamlessly linked with Google Photos. It makes choosing a photo even easier than writing a post.
Here's my most recent photo. I just clicked on the photo icon and all my photos appeared in front of me. It's that easy with Google. Let's just hope Google doesn't fall prey to the madness that has afflicted so many websites.
hi lim, i'm trying to figure out how to follow the blog. when i click on the "subscribe" link below, it opens a page of mixed up text that i don't know what it is... anyway, i look forward to reading more from you -- you're a good author so keep us (in the groups) posted when you make new entries. :)
ReplyDeleteHi, Good to hear from you again. I don't know how to follow a blog on blogger. I'm more familiar with Tumblr but I've given up on it. They are now anti-nudity. I will make it a point to post a link to any new post on MeWe and Twitter. It's amazing that Google is the one final blog service provider that seems to allow for nudity. I hope they don't ever turn puritanical.
DeleteHello!
ReplyDeleteYou can add a panel of users through the design of the blog. There it is. Even auto-social transfer of your posts can be configured as it works for us and much more that Tumbler alas did not have.
Thanks. I'm not sure I understand fully what you mean. I'm not a very techie person but it sounds like something positive about this blogger platform which is good. Since Tumblr has banned nudity, I have given it up and I now want to use this blog as my personal naturist photo diary. Kudos to Google for allowing decent nudity.
Delete