Some of my readers have sent me messages, all of which I have acknowledged. One of them warned me that while it's very easy to import photos from my Google Photos onto my blog, am I aware that the photos are actually very large and anyone can download them?
Another person told me that he finds my blog unsettling because my genitals can be seen in my photos. Should I not turn my back to my camera, as most naturists do online.
These people obviously do not know that in my previous blog, I slammed naturists who always hide their genitals as hypocrites who do more harm than good to the naturist cause. As I have argued elsewhere in my other blog, non-naturists will think we who claim that nudity is natural and wholesome are actually false and dishonest because when it comes to our own photos, we always make it a point to turn our backs to the camera. In my view, if you think the genitals are to be hidden, you should not call yourself a naturist. Be honest. You are no different from all the non-naturists who hide their genitals too. You are no different from the Facebook enforcers who will ban any member who do not blot out the genitals in a photo. I know I will stir a lot of anger in the naturist community when I say this because the naturist community is infested with fake naturists and hypocrites who don't like to be told they are fake and hypocritical. But I'm sorry if you are offended. If you are a thief, I'll call you a thief. If you are a hypocrite, I'll call you one too. It's simple logic - anyone who says nudity is natural but who invariably turns his back to the camera when his nude photos are taken is a rank hypocrite.
So, no, thank you. I don't turn my back to the camera because I'm not a hypocrite. And I don't need to post small thumbprint sized photos or to worry about people downloading my photos because what is the harm when someone downloads my natural and decent photos?
We don't turn our backs to the camera when we are clothed. So why should we turn our backs to the camera when we are nude? Again, basic logic tells us that we only do that if we view our genitals and our nudity as embarrassing and indecent. So, if we say the nude human body is decent and we turn our backs to the camera, we are no better than hypocrites. That's Logic 101.
Here's a pic of me doing gardening with clothes on and another pic of me in my natural skin. Nobody naturally turns his back to the camera.
That's tellin' um, Lim! It's too bad that most will simply ignore what you say and keep right on being wrong. In fact, many will flame you for daring to tell them the truth and reality about the human body and nudism/naturism. I truly don't understand why people would rather argue than simply consider the logic of things and learn...and grow as human beings. The other day I posted a statement that is, I would say, universally accepted as true. Some silly thing, like "the sky is UP!" or: Dress codes are wrong and anti-freedom bullying and not allowed in a Free Society. And sure enough, someone just had to argue! Of course, his argument was total nonsense, and I told him so, in both cases. This got me a response that attacked me and my character. Ad Hominem they call it. Of course, it seems to be alright for them to engage in ad hominem, but I get blasted for defending myself and accused of using ad hominem. It boggles my mind!
ReplyDeleteI understand how you feel. It's very painful to have to deal with irrational people and they can get very violent in their rage. Just ignore them. You will be a lot happier if you can just ignore them. But sometimes it can be hard to just ignore them because you probably felt that anyone with basic intelligence must know how wrong they are. And you merely want to point out to them how illogical they are. And they blast you. What do you expect irrational people to do? Argue rationally? Of course they can't do that. Getting flamed for saying what I say is quite common and I'm used to it. I usually just don't bother with these people.
DeleteIt's really not that other nudists are tuning their backs to the camera or their genitals away from the camera, but rather our faces out of concern for privacy / safety.
DeleteI respect and appreciate nudists who live a life where they don't have concern about their face and naked bodies being seen by employers or narrow-minded friends / family. Not everyone has that luxury or privilege.
The alternative is people who show frontal nudity but crop or photoshop their faces out of the picture. Worse are "nudists" who post close up pictures of their genitals. Both do not represent "nudism" but rather being naked, as opposed to being natural, and the sexuality of being exposed.
Thank you for providing a positive representation of nudism.
Most of these nudists who conceal their identities live in the US or some other country where there are nudist beaches and nudist clubs because nudism is not a crime. I come from a country where nudism is banned by law. It's a jailable offence. I have friends who were jailed for going nude on a deserted island.
DeleteIf all one fears is the opinion of narrow-minded friends, then perhaps one is not prepared to be a naturist. There is no law against being a non-naturist. Why pretend to be a naturist when we are not willing to be identified openly as one? Why do we go through the farce of being a naturist furtively so that nobody really knows who we are? What thrill does one get out of that?
I have nothing against people who don't want to be naturists. Most of my friends are non-naturists. My wife is one too. But if someone calls himself a naturist and declares that nudity is natural and not something we should be ashamed of, what he says CANNOT be true if he doesn't dare to be identified as a naturist.
The way I see it is if I am not prepared to be known as a naturist, then perhaps I'm not ready to be one and I should just put on my clothes and say I'm not a naturist but hope to be one some day. I really cannot see the logic of calling myself a naturist but not showing people who I am.
It's this furtive naturism that is giving naturism a bad name. I read a joke once that naturists are people who turn their backs to the camera. This is terrible. It gives us a very bad image. As it is naturism is already getting bad press. If the world has confirmation that naturists really don't want to be identified as naturists, that will be the final straw that breaks the camel's back of any tolerance for naturism.
I can understand friends of mine who live in Muslim countries where they may even face execution for being a nudist. If these people hide their true identities, one can be sympathetic. But it's hard to feel any sympathy for Americans and Brits who fear what their neighbour might say if they discover they are naturists.
If I am not prepared to be known as a naturist, I won't be a naturist. To me, that is an issue of honesty. If friends are only willing to be my friends if I am not a naturist, I don't want to have such a friendship which is based on a dishonest dissembling on my part. I don't believe in telling a lie in order to gain friendship. It's the same with an employer. If an employer hires me on condition that I am not a naturist and would terminate my job if I am a naturist, I can't accept such a job because obviously I would be taking the job by deceit. But I know enough of the labour law in the US and Europe to know that you can't just terminate a person's job because he's a naturist. But even if the employer has the right to terminate the job, surely it's wrong and deceitful of me to obtain employment by concealing an aspect of me?
I really can't see how hiding one's identity and still declaring oneself a naturist can be entirely honest. Truth is important to me and if what I say is hurtful to anyone at all, please forgive me. But I will still say it because it really is the truth.
I am always under the apprehension that I might one day be arrested for my naturist activities. But I am not going to hide and dissemble because that would be dishonest. I just have to be honest about what I believe in. If I fear an arrest, then I shouldn't be a naturist. I cannot go naked but hide my face. That is inimical to the interest of naturism. That would make the world think nudity can't be all that natural and all that decent if even naturists are concealing their identities. Every single one of my friends, colleagues, relatives, church friends, clergymen and even acquaintances knows I'm a naturist and can have access to my nude photos freely just as they have access to my clothed pics. Anything less would not be honest.
DeleteYou make many valid points. I don't disagree with any of them.
DeleteBut at the same time there are not so subtle differences between living in a place where it's illegal to get naked or only able to be naked in certain places / circumstances or being able to be naked pretty much anywhere. Likewise there are differences between totally denying and hiding one's lifestyle(s) or only disclosing it to those we know and trust or telling everyone by posting it in public forums.
I'm not only a nudist but I'm also gay.
I live less than 20 miles from multiple local nudist resorts and clubs. I also take at least one annual vacation to places where I can be naked with other like-minded nudists. But only close friends have nude pictures of me that include my face. (I don't post pictures of myself online where strangers can take them and post elsewhere without my knowledge / permission.)
In the past I've been a member of a gay men's chorus that performed in public venues. I even served on the board. I've attended local gay affirming churches. And although I've attended gay pride festivals I've only marched in parades, in full public view, a couple of times while out of town. I even have the gay rainbow on the front and back of my vehicle. But only a few relatives, friends and even coworkers know I'm gay, though most of my gay friends also know I'm a nudist.
We're all individuals. As such we should respect each other's circumstances and choices but also be supportive and encouraging of other people's lifestyle choices and decisions of who and when they will disclose their personal information . . . . . . or not.
I agree with you "Unknown." Not only do I enjoy nudity but I'm also gay. I don't want to be in the position where a client would spot a nude photo of me, give it to my HR and then be fired so there aren't any nude photos of me anywhere. Likewise, most of my family knows I'm gay but only gay and gay nudist friends now of my nudity.
DeleteI also appreciate the editor posting his own nude photos with full frontal.
Delete