Thursday, February 21, 2019

The Old Serpent

Ever since I saw a large black snake slithering across the grass in my garden into a drain, I have been very uneasy about it. I no longer read in my garden for fear that it might bite me. Whatever necessary work I do in my garden is done speedily and I only walk on very short grass and I look at the ground very carefully before stepping on it. I'm sure the snake is as frightened of me as I am of it but I don't want to step on it accidentally. There's no telling if it might be venomous.


4 comments:

  1. where does the drain lead? he may be long gone by now.
    i enjoy reading your blog adventures, lim ... i wish there was a "like" button for us mewe users. enjoy your naked day my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, my friend! The drain leads out of the house. You are right. The snake may very well have long left my garden. It probably came in for the squirrels. There were many baby squirrels playing in that area where I saw the snake. Now the squirrels don't go to the ground. They are always up in the trees. It's always like this - when I see a snake, I'll be afraid for a week or so and then I get over it until I see the next snake. It's kind readers like you that give me the motivation to go on posting! You have a great time too!

      Delete
  2. You can walk without shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On some surfaces, yes. But I have friends who can go hiking barefoot. Some of my friends can run barefoot too. I can't do that.

      Delete