Thursday, February 28, 2019

Overcoming fear.

It's always like this - I see a snake in my garden and for the next week or so, I do not dare to venture outdoors for fear of stepping on the snake. Soon enough, I forget about the snake and I am back to my normal self. That's the way to live life. You can't hold on to your fears too long. It makes no sense. I'm reminded of my non-naturist friend who asked me after seeing some of my pics how I could have the courage to go naked into the garden when the thought of a bee stinging the genitals is frightening enough. That's really silly. If a bee has to sting me either on the genitals or in my eye, I'd rather offer my genitals to it. Surely, a bee stinging your eyeball is much more frightening than anything imaginable. And yet even that friend of mine would not dream of sitting in a garden with protective  goggles on. Fear can sometimes border on the insane.

Anyway, here are pics of me watering my plants and trees. I went about barefoot and no, I was not afraid I might step on a snake. If I don't write an explanatory note here, I may not know if I  look at my photos years from now why I raised the hose so high up in the second pic. There was a squirrel that was eating the flowers of my heliconia and I was just telling it not to do that with the water hose. But it was fast. I couldn't even wet it.

No comments:

Post a Comment